The Toyota Corolla remains among the top 3 most popular car models in Nigeria, and even though Corollas are famously easy to maintain, owners often still have trouble finding the right tires for their ride. Check out the best tires for Toyota Corolla and find out how to choose tires for your vehicle!
Shop the most popular tires at the lowest prices in Nigeria on Jiji
1. How to choose the right tires
Ready to give your beloved Toyota Corolla an upgrade by replacing the old, worn out tires with brand new ones? Then here are some tips for making sure you buy the right product for your needs.
The most important parameter to check is the tire size. The size differs not only from model to model, but also from production year to production year. To learn the exact Toyota Corolla tire size, consult the owner’s manual or check the production year and look for the information online.
The tire size you’ll get will look like this: 195/65R15. This marking will tell you the essential information concerning the tires – specifically, the diameter and the width of the tire. The tires you buy should match the required size precisely, otherwise the fit of the tire won’t be right.
All Toyota Corolla tires can be divided into the following categories according to their type:
- All-season tires are the default type of tires installed on most popular cars and SUVs, and there is a good chance your Corolla is already sporting all-season tires. If you’re not planning to drive your car in especially challenging terrains, this is the most affordable option.
- Performance all-season tires are another popular type of tires to use on the Toyota Corolla. Their name gives away that they are designed for better performance, so if you’re looking forward to achieving higher speed and more precise handling, consider getting this type of tires.
- Winter tires, luckily, are not a necessity in Nigeria, but many of winter tires are created for battling not only snowy and ice terrains, but also muddy roads and poor road conditions, which is why winter tires aren’t a bad choice for your Corolla.
2. Top 5 tires for Toyota Corolla
Now that you finally know what kind of tires to buy for your Toyota Corolla, here is a list of the most popular brands along with the Toyota Corolla tyre price.
1. Goodyear Assurance TripleTred
These all-season tires were viewed as revolutionary back when they first came out thanks to the three different zones, the dry, water, and ice zone, that ensure competitive performance in any situation.
Price: from ₦45,000.
2. Continental TrueContact
Thanks to the Tg-F polymers and +Silane additives, these all-season tires are designed to last for years. The symmetric thread pattern delivers consistent performance regardless of the weather and terrain.
Price: from ₦50,000.
3. Michelin Premier A/S
The name of Michelin brand is familiar to anyone who deals with cars, and for a good reason – it’s one of the most reputable and durable tire brands in the world. The Premier A/S feature a new, extra safe EverGrip technology.
Price: from ₦75,000.
4. Bridgestone Potenza
These all-season tires are designed with the most challenging terrains and weather conditions in mind, and the dual-layer tread compound, directional tread design, and internal twin steel belts will make you feel extra secure when driving your Corolla.
Price: from ₦60,000.
5. Firestone Champion
Firestone Champion is an all-season tire for the Toyota Corolla, but, unlike most other popular tire models, it’s a performance-oriented offering from Firestone. The all-weather directional thread pattern will surprise you with incredibly consistent performance in dry and wet weather.
Price: from ₦48,000.
Find even more great offers on tires and other car parts on the Jiji app