Beauty standards change with time, but dimples remain one of the most coveted facial features. Some of us are blessed with natural dimples, but millions of people want to know how to get dimples. Wondering how do you get dimples on your cheeks? Check out these easy ways on how to get natural permanent dimples!
Look like a beauty queen with health and beauty products from Jiji
What causes dimples?
Many people spend their whole life wondering how to have dimples, but what we view as a genetic blessing is actually a genetic defect! Dimples are a rare condition that originates during embryonic development.
In short, dimples are a result of a fault in the subcutaneous connective tissue, which causes certain facial muscles to shorten. That is why it’s impossible to get genuine dimples if you weren’t born with them, but with our guide on how to make dimples at home your chance of getting adorable dimples is very high!
1. Method #1: Exercise
This method won’t teach you how to get cheek dimples overnight, but if you’re persistent and determined to rock beautiful dimples in a couple of months, here is what you should do:
- Suck your cheeks in as if you’ve just eaten something sour and pucker your lips. Suck the cheeks in as hard as you can, so that the deepest spot is between your top and bottom row of teeth.
- Press your fingers onto the resulting dimples.
- If you want to know how to get dimples naturally, smile and see where the deepest spot matches the one you get while sucking your cheeks in. If not, proceed the exercise with the dimples you get from smiling.
- Continue pressing the dimples with your fingertips for at least 30 minutes. It should take at least several weeks for the dimples to form, but if you’re not seeing a result after a couple of months of training, this method may not be for you.
- You can also use this method if you already have dimples and want to know how to deepen dimples and make them more visible!
2. Method #2: spoon
One of the most popular dimple-creating tricks on the internet is how to get dimples with a spoon. This method is essentially the same as the one we’ve described above, the only difference is that instead of your fingers you need to use a teaspoon.
Sitting for 30+ minutes with your fingertips or spoons pressed against your cheeks can be boring and tiring, but you can use this time to learn a new skill by watching YouTube tutorials!
3. Method #3: makeup
If you can’t afford to wait for months to see the results from the first method of how to get dimples on cheeks with exercise, you can learn how to get dimples in 5 minute makeup routine:
- Smile widely to see where natural creases form around your mouth.
- Choose a place where you want your future dimples to appear and mark it with a dot using a matte eyeliner that is slightly darker than your skin.
- Draw a crescent moon shape down from the dot that is up to 2.5cm long.
- Use your favourite beauty blender or makeup sponge to blend the line and make it look even more natural.
- Keep in mind that this method of getting dimples looks fantastic in photos, but you need to find the right shade of eyeliner and blend it right for it to look great in person too.
These are the three most popular ideas on how to make dimples more visible. Try them to make your dream of having adorable dimples come true!
Find everything you need to look even more gorgeous on the Jiji app