If one likes groundnuts, Nigerian peanuts will definitely become his favorite snack! This is one of the most favorite, easy to prepare Nigerian snacks made by covering peanuts with flour. Does anything tastes so delicious as this?!
Keep in mind that these tiny balls (or simply Nigerian peanut burger) are so tasty that the usual amount you prepare won’t last long! So, maybe your friends will ask for more!
Check out this detailed guide on how to make Nigerian peanut!
Buy high-quality nuts on Jiji at the best prices!
1. Nigerian peanuts: what is it all about?
Many of us first tried the commercial version of peanut, but we are sure that then everyone decided to learn how to prepare this snack at home. And they still never get enough of this delicious stuff!
Some may find the Nigerian peanut recipe time-consuming, but it is so easy that you won’t feel like that while preparing the snack! More than that, when you will try it, you won’t regret a single minute you have spent on the kitchen!
The ingredients are also very simple: the main thing you need is some raw peanuts. You can cover them with flour, or eggs, salt or sugar, or even nutmeg.
Nigerian peanut burger is rich in proteins, so there are many calories in this snack. Also, you have to keep in mind that this snack is made by deep frying, so if you are on a strict diet, you’ll have to wait till it ends.
2. Nigerian peanut recipe: overall info
- Type: Snack.
- Cuisine: African.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes.
- Cook time: 20 minutes.
- Total time: 50 minutes.
3. Nigerian peanut stew: the ingredients
- 250 grams of flour;
- 3 eggs;
- 7 grams of sugar;
- 2 glasses of raw peanuts;
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg (this is optional);
- a pinch of salt;
- vegetable oil.
Find high-quality vegetable oils on Jiji at the lowest prices!
4. How to make Nigerian peanut burger: the cooking process
- Put the raw peanuts in a bowl, having carefully selected only the good ones.
- Mix the baking powder, flour, nutmeg, and salt together and put aside.
- Take the other bowl and beat eggs with sugar in it.
- Pour a bit of your egg mixture over the peanuts. Shake the bowl well until the mixture fully coats all the peanuts.
- Sprinkle a bit of the flour mixture over the peanuts, shake well.
- Repeat 4 and 6 points form this list until the peanuts are completely covered with flour. If some peanuts stick together, separate them with your fingers.
- Heat the oil on medium heat and fry in batches until you get the golden brown color.
- Cool the snack completely and serve!
Hi guys, in this video I show you how to make Peanut Burger snack. Insanely delicious!
5. Nigerian peanuts: the recipe notes
When you are coating the peanuts, some amount of flour may stay at the base of the bowl – this is normal. The main thing is to thoroughly separate the stuck nuts one from each other before you start frying them.
6. Peanut butter recipe
We eat A LOT of peanut butter in my house. After reading labels and doing some research, I decided the only way to make sure I was giving my kids the best peanut butter was to make it myself! Subscribe for new vids M-W-F!
Install free updated Jiji app now and be always there when the best deals are being made!