Coconut oil is a product that every Nigerian is familiar with. It has dozens of different uses and can be successfully used for health and beauty purposes, as well as for cooking.
Homemade coconut oil is an even better option, since you know exactly what your oil includes. However, the process of extracting the oil may seem intimidating at first.
Luckily, with our helpful guide you will learn how to make coconut oil in Nigeria in no time!
Enjoy safe shopping with our Jiji
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://jiji.ng/252-coconut-oil?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=jiji” size=”large” icon_position=”left” shape=”square” color_class=”otw-red”]Click for price [/otw_shortcode_button]
1. Why do you need coconut oil?
Coconut oil benefits are well known to many Nigerians, but there is a good chance that you had no idea it has over 50 possible uses. Here are some reasons for you to learn how to prepare coconut oil at home.
Coconut oil for skin
- Moisturizing your face after cleaning.
- Grease-free massage oil with a beautiful scent.
- Dry skin remedy for elbows, feet, cuticles, and lips.
- Relaxing and moisturizing baths.
- Exfoliating the face and body – just add a little salt or coffee grounds.
Coconut oil for hair
- Taming solution for hairs that stick out.
- Leave-in conditioner for hair that is dry and prone to breakage.
- Reducing static with just a little amount of oil rubbed into the hair.
Coconut oil in the kitchen
- Giving your cup of tea a unique flavor.
- Making fried foods better for your health.
- A healthier alternative to butter on your morning toast.
- Simply enjoy a spoonful of pure coconut oil every day!
2. How to make coconut oil at home
Homemade coconut oil is a fantastic product that has an endless number of uses and health benefits, and the best thing is that it’s not too hard to make it at home.
Making coconut oil takes a little of your time and a couple of ingredients, and the result is fresh and pure coconut oil that you can use anywhere. Here is what you’ll need to make your first batch:
- Coffee filter/cheesecloth
After you’ve gathered everything needed for the process, time to learn how to extract coconut oil!
- Remove the brown shell by pointing the knife from you and scraping off as much as you can.
- Use a large knife to cut the coconut in half.
- Use a smaller knife or butter knife to finely chop the coconut.
- Put the chopped coconut into a blender, add a little water and blend until you have a smooth mass.
- Take your jar, cover with a coffee filter or cheesecloth, and pour the coconut mixture from the blender. Pour the coconut in small amounts, squeezing the coffee filter until every drop of oil falls into the jar and repeating the process for the rest of the coconut mixture.
- Cover the jar and wait for 24+ hours. You will see the mixture separating into oil on the bottom and curd on the top. You can speed up the process by putting the jar into the fridge.
- Once the mixture has fully separated, use a spoon to take out the curd. What is left in the jar is virgin coconut oil that you can now use for all kinds of purposes!
How t make Virgin Coconut Oil for cooking, for hair, coconut oil pulling and for the body. Watch how to make the Purest Virgin Coconut oil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ6KYsGnxoY&list=PLuj-BP3hVVeQVO0AIyzVALpKXhESKo0Ka You did not get a white slab after putting it in the fridge or you do not have a fridge or NEPA struck?
That’s it! Now when you know how to easily prepare coconut oil at home, you can make as much oil as you need to cover all of your needs and possibly invent some new uses on your own!
Have the best shopping experience with the Jiji App