A lot of modern families today opt for Nigerian food timetable for children comprising home-made dishes. A lot of companies in Nigeria sell packaged pureed baby food and a huge amount of imported baby food is also available in supermarkets.
There is no doubt that such ready-made food can come handy for super-busy parents but the homemade baby food is definitely way better than commercially-produced one.
We advise you to cook for your baby yourself. It can seem challenging at first but your baby will surely appreciate it!
Agriculture & Food for sale – and make your life easier with help of maximally convenient, fast and profitable online shopping!
1. Nigerian homemade baby food
These ingredients are easily available to cook natural and healthy Nigerian foods for toddlers:
- vegetables like carrots, yam, and cauliflower can be mashed for a simple but healthy puree for your baby or a toddler;
- fruit is another great choice for a puree. Don’t use seeded fruits, though;
- beans and lentils is another option for a protein-rich snack;
- cereals like rice are very good for your toddler’s health. Choose softer kinds of cereals;
- traditional Nigerian swallow like Amala with ewedu is also a great baby food in Nigeria. Make sure that its texture is suitable for your baby to eat;
- poultry, meat, fish can be introduced when your baby is 7-8 months and has already got used to vegetable mash.
2. Nigerian food for 6 months old baby
Check out and try these popular healthy recipes:
- pea purée is an extremely healthy type of food since they are a rich source of proteins, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium;
- banana purée is a good source of potassium, fiber, and natural antacids. However, too much of it can lead to problems with digestion;
- brown rice cereal is perfect for your baby because it doesn’t cause allergies and is easy to digest. It’s also great transitional product for your baby to get used to a more solid diet;
- avocado purée an amazing source of healthy fats for your baby’s brain and growth;
- baked sweet potato purée is an excellent source of vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber. Add a little water or milk to cook a really tasty treat for your little one;
- carrot mash would be a great start of solid foods since they taste fabulous and are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A.
3. Food time table for 2-year baby
- For breakfast, offer your baby ½ cup of low- fat milk, a small bowl of cereals enriched with iron or 1 egg, a little fruit like banana or strawberries, half a slice of whole wheat toast and a tiny piece of butter.
- Snack may include 4 crackers with cheese or hummus or half a cup of sliced fruit or berries. Give your baby some water as well.
- For lunch, your baby will definitely enjoy a little low- fat or nonfat milk, half a sandwich with cheese, avocado r tomatoes on a whole wheat bread and a couple f carrot sticks or other green or yellow veggies. You can also add a handful of berries and a diet oatmeal cookie.
- Snack: a little of the low-fat milk, a sliced apple, some cut grapes, and oranges.
- Dinner: 60 grams of meat, a little pasta or rice, two tablespoons of veggies, 100 ml of milk.
4. Best baby food in Nigeria: video tips
This is a recipe showing you how to make your own vegetable purée for baby food. You can find the written recipe at: http://pokarlla.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/vegetable-puree/ Follow me on twitter: HealthyMum4Bub
Yummy delicious dinner for toddlers
Watch more How to Make Your Own Baby Food videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/515568-10-Best-Foods-for-Babies-Baby-Food Many people are always curious to hear what the top 10 baby foods are out there for children. But the truth is there is actually, no real top 10 as long as your child is having a rainbow diet, they’re going to be consuming all the vitamins and nutrients necessary for them to maintain healthy growth.
Home made baby’s food (After 6 months old baby’s food)
10 Best Super Baby Food | food for baby | best food for baby In this video I am going to show you the best food for baby and their advantages.it is super food your baby going to love it.
Start shopping with no stress – install updated Jiji app now!