Last night the cult TV series Game of Thrones premiered its 8th season. The HBO Game of Thrones season 8 episode 1 exceeded everyone’s expectations with the thrilling twists and incredible graphics. Here is everything you need to know about the last season of the show!
Save money on the latest deals in Nigeria with Jiji
1. Game of Thrones season 8
The last season of Game of Thrones was divided into two parts, with the first one airing in 2018. The new season of Game of Thrones release date is April 14, which means the luckiest fans have already seen the first episode. However, there are many more plot twists to come, and here is what we know so far about the Game of Thrones new season.
- The episode will consist of six episodes, all of which will be longer than usual. The first episode was the shortest one and clocked at 54 minutes, while the Game of Thrones last episode, which will air on May 19, will take you on an unforgettable 1 hour and 20-minute journey.
- There will be plenty of epic battles and scenes throughout the season, but none of them will top the battle that will air a couple of weeks later – according to the cast, it took 55 nights to fully shoot.
- The cast and crew have been very careful about not letting any spoilers out. That’s why all that we now have is guesses about the characters’ fates. However, it has been reported that every major character who came out of last season alive will return to the show.
- Speaking of the way they felt when the learned how the show would end, the stars of Game of Thrones were very emotional. Some of them even cried, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a bad thing – after all, they have spent a decade making this show, so, naturally, they will feel sad about it ending.
2. What happened in episode 1?
If you haven’t seen the GoT premiere and can’t wait until you get a chance to watch it, here is quick recap of what happened in the first episode. Warning: spoilers for the Game of Thrones season 8 episode 1 ahead!
- The most important part of the episode was Jon Snow finally learning that he is a true heir to the throne. He also got to ride a dragon that was named after his father, which was also very significant for him.
- Sansa Stark and Tyrion Lannister reunited for the first time since Jeoffrey got married and subsequently killed.
- Jaime Lannister returned to Winterfell and met Bran, who he last saw under some very questionable circumstances.
- The reunion theme was very noticeable throughout the episode: numerous characters saw each other again after a long time.
3. Where to watch Game of Thrones
There are millions of Nigerian fans of Game of Thrones, but since there is no HBO in Nigeria, some are confused where there is a way to watch the series legally.
The good news is that the M-Net provider will air the complete 8th season of GoT, and you will have to wait less than 24 hours to watch each episode after its US premiere!
Tune in today, on April 15, at 22:00 to M-Net 101 to see the first episode of the last season of Game of Thrones. You can also watch each episode at night live at 2:00 on DSTV.
Buy and sell stuff from your phone with the Jiji app