If you’ve ever looked at individual false lashes before and after photos, you were probably impressed by how good they look and inspired to try them too.
Unfortunately, if you don’t know how to fix eyelashes yet, you may have issues with the application. Find out how to put on false eyelashes for beginners with this foolproof method.
Shop false eyelashes for every occasion and budget on Jiji
1. How to apply eyelashes: step by step guide
In this tutorial on how to fix false lashes, we will focus on strip lashes, since applying individual lashes may be a bit tricky if you have never done it before. Here is how to apply false eyelashes for the first time:
- The first and very important step in eyelash application is trimming the excess length. Press the eyelash strip against your eyelid along the lash line and mark where your natural lashes end. Take the strip off your eyelid and simply cut off the extra lashes with scissors. You can later use the cut-offs to enhance your natural lash line, but it’s a look that should be reserved for special occasions, not everyday wear.
- Take your lash glue and apply it to the eyelash strips. The trick here is to apply just the right quantity of glue: it doesn’t need to drip from the lashes, but there should be enough of it to cover the whole strip.
- Don’t apply the eyelashes immediately. It is recommended to wait for about 30 seconds to let the glue dry a little bit to prevent things from getting messy.
- For the most precise application of false eyelashes, you need to face slightly downwards, not strictly straight ahead. That way, your eyelids will nearly close, giving you more control over the application.
- There are two main ways to apply false eyelashes – by hand or using tweezers. If you’re wondering how to apply eyelashes for beginners, we recommend doing it with tweezers: they will give you a steady, precise result.
- Grab the eyelash strip with tweezers and press it along your natural lash line. Keep your eyes open as you go and allow the glue to do its magic.
- When the eyelashes are securely attached, apply your favourite eyeliner to conceal the application line and to emphasize your new fabulous eyelashes!
2. How to put on fake eyelashes without glue
When you’re only learning how to fix lashes, working with glue may become quite messy. You have two main options: to use self-adhesive or magnetic eyelashes.
However, self-adhesive lashes may be hard to find. Plus, their adhesive strip is prone to drying out, which means their shelf life is usually rather short. Magnetic eyelashes, on the other hand, look fantastic and can be applied in just 4 easy steps:
- Apply a coat of your favourite mascara to your own lashes. This will increase the adhesive properties of the magnetic eyelashes and give you a more striking look.
- Carefully take out the top lash strip and gently press it as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Do the same with the lower lash strip, allowing the magnet strips to connect and give you that coveted false eyelash look.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for your other eye.
Find everything you need to look gorgeous every day on the Jiji app