Everyone has got a smartphone today, and it makes weight loss much easier. You don’t need to go to a gym or to dieting specialist and try using one of the popular apps instead. Fitness and calorie tracking applications may surprise you by the range of features they offer.
Here are some of the best apps you should check out. At least one of them will be a perfect match.
Over 45 mln people already use this app. It is a complex of structured courses that use a psychological approach and help to acquire healthy habits. You will find many articles and tips, personalized tricks that make weight management simpler. Users can also communicate in support groups for extra motivation.
- Simple and fast food-logging.
- In-app battery-friendly pedometer.
- A personal online coach will inspire and cheer you up.
- Your progress is displayed in graphs and charts.
- Over 1,000 recipes to keep healthy meals diverse.
This app will help to keep track of your everyday activity, including steps and workouts, and calories. Users can set personal goals or work on changing personal habits, create personalized workout plans and progress reports, upload photos to see the changes, and much more.
- Keep track of your meals and foods with a diary.
- Over 11 mln foods are in a database, you need only to choose from the list.
- Big database of exercises for different groups of muscles.
- Add nutrition facts by scanning barcodes and importing restaurant menus.
- Synchronization with a bunch of other fitness apps.
Nike Training Club
If you want to lose weight, it is important to create the right workout routine and do the exercises properly. You can handle this task with the help of Nike’s amazing app. There are numerous workout ideas for users of any levels. You can also record other physical activities.
- Daily workout recommendations.
- Around 200 workouts for different levels.
- Goal-focused workouts with expert tips.
- Video guidance from athletes and trainers.
- Athlete-inspired workouts.
This application has received the award for the best self-improvement app of 2018. It is one of the most user-friendly apps for home workouts. You will create a training plan for a couple of weeks and receive notifications at the set time on a workout day.
- Over 400 workouts and exercises.
- Professional video guidance for each exercise.
- Personalized training plans based on your goals.
- Workouts for users of all levels.
- Detailed workout log with timing, dates, calories burned, etc.
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
This is one more app that encourages building healthy habits and socializing. Besides recording and tracking your progress, you can share it with followers and comment on their results as well. You can share routes with photos you take on the way, join brand groups, activity communities, etc.
- Tracking runs, rides, and swims, and view charts on your activity.
- Map your routes and share with other users.
- Set goals you want to achieve and use personalized programs.
- Participate in challenges created by other users.
- View reports on distance, pace, speed, and burned calories.
Fooducate Healthy Weight Loss & Calorie Counter
Your personalized nutrition toolbox features health tracker, food finder, diet tidbits, and supportive community – the essentials you need to start making healthier choices. Besides a usual activity and calorie tracker, you can get reports on macros, showing how much fats, carbs, and proteins you consume.
- Food grades and explanation help to learn what is really in your food.
- Easy calorie tracker with daily summaries and insights.
- Motivation through stories and photos by other users.
- Barcode scanner recognizes over 250,000 foods and shows healthier suggestions.
- Many personalized features, including personalized diets for allergic users.
Earlier known as Weight Watchers, this app features the weight loss program which was recognized the best nine years in a row! Besides some cool tracking/reporting features, users can get exclusive gifts and services for their achievements. You can also connect to the app members community.
- Daily activity reports and customized goals that are easily updated.
- Keep track of all your meals and snacks.
- Barcode scanning feature for even easier track.
- Get helpful information and inspiration.
- In-app recipes, including dishes from restaurant menus.