Even the most collected and neat people will once find themselves needing to withdraw cash from the ATM despite not having their card with them. The good news is that nowadays there are plenty of opportunities to get the cash you need without your card on hand. Here is how to do it in Nigeria’s 3 most popular banks.
Shop safely from home with Jiji
1. Access Bank
Access Bank makes it easy for its customers to withdraw cash despite not having a debit card with them. All you need is a mobile phone with a number you use for Access Bank services. These simple steps will help you get the money you need no matter where you are:
- Dial *903# from your mobile phone.
- Choose “Withdraw Money” from the menu.
- Specify the amount of money you need and enter your PIN number to confirm the transaction.
- The bank will send you an SMS with a code. Don’t delete it yet!
- Find the nearest Access Bank ATM and press 0 to withdraw cash without a card.
- Enter your phone number, code from the SMS, and the desired amount of money.
- Confirm and receive the requested sum from the ATM.
GTBank is one of the innovators in the Nigerian bank industry, and in addition to the standard method of withdrawing cash from the ATM using SMS, it also gives you an opportunity to get cash from the ATM using a mobile application. Here is how to do it:
- Download the GT-World app, which is available in the App Store for iPhones, Google Play Store for Android devices, and BlackBerry World for BlackBerry smartphones.
- Log into the app using your GTBank user ID and password.
- Go to full menu -> Banking -> Cardless withdrawal. You can withdraw cash from a GTBank ATM or another bank’s ATM. Specify the type of ATM you plan to use.
- Fill out the form and click Continue. Enter your PIN number or token number.
- You will immediately receive an SMS with a code. Locate the nearest ATM.
- You will need to enter the SMS code into the ATM menu along with the desired amount of cash. Confirm the transaction and receive the money from the ATM’s cash dispenser.
3. Zenith Bank
Zenith Bank is one of the banks operating in Nigeria that allow its customers to withdraw any amount of cash from the ATM even without their bank card at hand. To withdraw your funds using Zenith Bank’s access system, you will need to take the following steps:
- Dial *966*60# from your phone that is associated with your Zenith Bank account.
- From the subsequent menu, choose option #7.
- Enter the desired amount of money and confirm your request with your PIN number.
- You will then receive a 12-digit code via SMS. Save it until you get to the nearest ATM.
- You can withdraw cash both from Zenith Bank ATMs and other ATMs that belong to Nigerian banks as long as they are Quickteller-enabled.
- Go to Quickteller Cash Out -> Cardless withdrawal. Enter the amount of money you specified earlier, along with your confirmation code from the SMS.
- Receive the desired amount of cash from the cash dispenser.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app