The fifth season of Big Brother Naija, that is currently underway, is one of the most exciting things to take place on Nigerian television this year. This year, you can make a real difference in the contest instead of being a passive viewer by voting on your favourite housemates. Here is how to do it!
Shop over 4,000 LED TVs for any budget on Jiji
1. How to vote on desktop or mobile website
If you have a desktop computer or laptop, you can vote for the housemates you want to stay on BBNaija using the official Big Brother Africa Magic website. The same procedure works on the mobile version of the site. Voting on the desktop or mobile site is completely free, but you can only cast up to 100 votes in total. The 100 votes can be cast for one contestant or distributed between several housemates. These are the steps you need to take:
- Follow this link and click on the Vote button in the main menu.
- Register on the Africa Magic site by entering the required details: your name, birth year, gender, and mobile phone number in the international format. You will also need to choose your password.
- Submit the details and receive a one-time password on your phone.
- Enter the one-time password into the corresponding field.
- You will see a list of contestants who are still on Big Brother Naija. You can vote for one or more of your favourite housemates to help them stay on the show.
- Enter the desired number of votes below each housemate and submit your votes.
2. How to vote on mobile apps
If you are an active DStv or GOtv subscriber, you can cast your votes through the apps that are connected to the services. Here is what you need to do to vote through your DStv or GOtv subscription:
- Download the MyDStv or MyGOtv app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the app on your phone and enter your country of residence (Nigeria), last name or mobile phone number, and the number of your smartcard.
- Once you are logged into the app, go to your account and find the Vote Now button.
- To proceed with voting, you will need to register using your personal data. You will receive a one-time password that you will need to vote.
- You will have 100 votes that are available to DStv and GOtv subscribers absolutely for free. Allocate the desired number of votes to the contestants and submit your votes to be counted.
3. How to vote via SMS
Nigerian viewers can also vote for their favourite Big Brother Naija contestants via text messages. Once again, you will have 100 votes to cast, but they won’t be free – each vote will cost you ₦30. Voting via SMS is available to Airtel, MTN, and 9Mobile subscribers. Here is how to cast your votes over text messages:
Read more: How To Reduce Data Consumption On Android
- To vote for your favourite housemate of Season 5, you will need their exact name the way it is spelled on the official website.
- Text VOTE + Housemate name to 32052. For example, if you want to vote for Prince, simply text VOTE Prince to the specified number.
- You can send up to 100 messages voting for one or different contestants from one mobile phone number.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app