Women spend a lot of money on expensive skin care products and beauty procedures, but sometimes the most effective solution for your skin condition is the one you already have at home. Salt water costs next to nothing to make, but it has a number of substantial benefits for your beauty, and here they are.
Shop skin care products for any condition and budget on Jiji
1. Benefits of salt water for your face
Salt water contains just two ingredients, but that’s exactly what makes it so powerful for treating various skin issues. Here are the five biggest benefits of using salt water to wash your face:
Read more: Benefits Of Lime Water On The Skin
1. Gives you smooth skin
When used on skin, salt water acts as a gentle scrub. It removes dead skin cells and excessive oil from your skin, revealing your smooth skin texture and making your skin more pleasant to the touch. At the same time, salt water is not as harsh as a creamy salt scrub, which makes it a better option for sensitive skin.
2. Reduces puffy eyes
If you are used to waking up with puffy eyes, no matter what you do before or during slip, then you should definitely try the salt water treatment. You can simply wash your face with salt water or soak a cotton disc in salt water and put it on your closed eyes for around 10 minutes.
3. Slows down oil production
Excessive oil production not only prevents you from having flawless silky skin, but also makes you prone to clogged pores and acne. Salt water is a natural drying agent. It slows down the oil production process in your skin, giving you a coveted matte look for a longer time.
Read more: Face Scrubs For Acne-Prone And Oily Skin
4. Acts as a natural exfoliant
Although they are often confused, an exfoliant is different from a skin scrub. Exfoliant does a finer job with restoring your skin’s natural smooth texture. It clears out your pores, improves the blood circulation in your skin, and prepares it for better absorption of the skin care products you use after the cleansing.
5. Relieves skin irritation
Whether your skin is simply prone to irritation or you suffer from skin conditions such as eczema, it’s definitely a good idea to include salt water into your skin care routine. The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties of salt water relieve irritation, reduce itchiness and redness, and make your skin healthier.
2. How to use salt water
If you’ve never washed your face with salt water before, here is how to use it to your advantage:
- Take one tablespoon of salt and add it to a small bowl with warm water. Mix until the salt dissolves. The coarser your salt is, the longer will it take to fully dissolve.
- Take a clean, soft washcloth and dip it into the water. Gently wash your face with the water. You can also massage your face with your fingers after applying the salt water.
- Leave the salt water on your face for up to 5 minutes or longer, if you want it to fully dry. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and apply your favourite moisturizer after patting your face dry.
- Repeat once or twice a day, depending on your skin condition and sensitivity.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app