We are currently living in a unique moment. On one hand, there is the body positivity movement, which tells us that everyone is beautiful the way he is. On the other hand, cosmetic surgery is becoming more and more popular, and also more accessible. If you are dreaming of getting one of your features improved with plastic surgery, here is how much it can cost you.
Maintain your gorgeous looks with health and beauty products from Jiji
1. How is the cosmetic surgery price determined?
There are hundreds of plastic surgeons in Nigeria operating both in Lagos and smaller Nigerian cities. They all set different prices for their services. Before you choose your surgeon, you should definitely research the prices offered by different cosmetic surgery clinics to find the best combination of prices and quality. Here are the factors influencing the price of the procedure:
- The location of the clinic: surgeries in big cities typically cost more than surgeries in less populous locations, mainly due to higher demand.
- The status of the surgeon: a plastic surgeon with extensive experience, lots of positive reviews, and a solid reputation in the industry will charge more for his services.
- The duration and complexity of the procedure: a small procedure such as tattoo removal will cost far less than something like rhinoplasty or liposuction.
- Whether you’ll need a hospital stay: a hospital stay of a few days is mandatory for many complex plastic surgeries, but there are some surgeries that allow you to go home immediately afterwards.
- Your own status: it’s not uncommon for plastic surgeons to charge their patients different sums of money for the same procedure based on their social status. An obviously wealthy person or a celebrity will likely pay more for the procedure.
2. Cost of cosmetic surgeries in Nigeria
You already know that the price of your cosmetic surgery can be determined by a number of factors, sometimes even including the car you are using to get to the clinic. However, there is also a price range for each different procedure and your overall cost will usually be within those limits. These are the prices for the most common cosmetic surgery procedures in Nigeria:
- Tattoo removal: ₦20,000-₦50,000 per piece;
- Labioplasty: ₦80,000-₦120,000;
- Male breast reduction: ₦150,000-₦200,000;
- Breast lift: ₦200,000-₦350,000;
- Calf reduction: ₦200,000-300,000;
- Varicose veins treatment: ₦250,000-₦350,000;
- Otoplasty: ₦250,000-₦300,000 per ear;
- Blepharoplasty: ₦300,000-₦350,000;
- Breast reduction: ₦400,000-₦500,000;
- Hip reduction: ₦400,000-₦500,000;
- Lip reduction: ₦500,000-₦800,000;
- Facelift: ₦500,000-₦800,000;
- Stomach liposuction: ₦500,000-₦1,000,000
- Breast enlargement: ₦800,000-₦1,200,000;
- Brazilian buttock lift: ₦2,000,000-₦6,000,000;
- Rhinoplasty: ₦4,000,000-₦5,000,000.
So there you have it: the most popular cosmetic surgeries in Nigeria and their costs. If you are determined to alter your looks with one of these procedures, make sure to research the best surgeon in your location and make sure the prices are competitive!
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app