Hair loss affects everyone sooner or later. Hair can fall out gradually or quickly, and the condition can be caused by dozens of reasons. Find out how to stop hair loss and how to minimize your chances of losing your hair.
Find everything for maintaining your hair beauty on Jiji
1. 5 causes of hair loss in women
Each case of hair loss is unique, but in most cases it happens for one of the following 5 hair loss causes.
- Stress can not only make you feel miserable, but also increase the production of androgen, which causes dandruff and rapid hair loss.
- Fad diets promising to help you get rid of weight super fast are dangerous for a number of reasons, and losing your hair is one of them.
- The overproduction of androgens, responsible for hair loss, can also be triggered by various conditions causing a hormone imbalance in women.
- Some people are genetically predisposed to hair loss, and the older you get, the faster your hair starts falling out for no apparent reason.
- The deficiency of essential nutrients, especially iron and vitamin B12, can cause your hair to fall out at a fast rate.
2. Top 7 hair loss remedies
Once you identify your reason for losing hair, you can learn how to prevent hair loss in women with time. However, you should also take some immediate measures to avoid losing all of your hair. Find your best hair loss treatment from these 7 remedies.
1. Wash your hair correctly
The most important hair loss treatment for women is to find just the right washing schedule for your hair. Washing it too often removes the valuable oil from your scalp and dries it out, while leaving the hair greasy increases the tension on the hair, causing it to fall out.
2. Be gentle
One of the best things you can do for effective hair loss treatment is to correct your hair styling habits. Frequently exposing your hair to the heat of the dryer or iron, putting on several styling products at once, or braiding your hair too tightly can trigger unexpected hair loss.
3. Control your diet
Your best hair loss cure can start at your plate! Try to eat a balanced diet that contains plenty of protein and healthy oils that are essential for strengthening your hair. If you suspect you may have a vitamin B or iron deficiency, it may be a good idea to get them as supplements.
4. Massage your scalp with oil
There are many natural hair loss treatment oils such as coconut, jojoba, and grapeseed oil, and the best way to use them for treating thinning hair is to massage them directly into you scalp – that way you’ll increase the blood flow to the hair follicles, rejuvenating them and promoting growth.
5. Hot oil treatment
Another way to get the most out of your hair growth treatment is to use the hot oil method. Take your favourite oil for hair, for example, coconut, and heat it in a double boiler for 10-15 seconds or until it’s warm. Massage it into your scalp for 15 minutes and leave for another 45 minutes before washing off with shampoo. Continue the treatment once a week.
6. Drink coffee and tea
Not all hair loss solutions work from outside – some of them should be added to your diet. Surprisingly enough, caffeine from tea and coffee has been proven to slow down the production of hormones responsible for weight loss and restoring your hair growth rate faster.
7. Aloe vera
It seems like aloe vera is the solution for so many problems that you shouldn’t be stunned to find out that it’s also a popular answer to the question “How to stop hair fall?” Simply mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil, apply it to your hair and scalp, leave for an hour, and wash off with shampoo. Repeat the treatment weekly.
Find everything you need to look and feel great on the Jiji app