Despite the fact that we usually think of honey as a necessary component of baklava or tea with lemon on a chilly evening, its advantages for skin and hair beauty are no less sweet!
The reason is that honey is an excellent moisturizer, rich in minerals and vitamins (including B6, niacin, and zinc), which balances skin pH and normalizes your hair nutrition.
Read on – and you will find top 6 incredibly simple recipes for using honey for skin and hair care that will make your beauty routine twice as pleasant and fragrant!
Buy freshest original honey on Jiji at the lowest prices!
1. Moisturizing honey face mask
How to prepare this honey face mask:
- apply honey directly to cleansed skin and leave it for 20 minutes,
- then wash it off with warm water
- and carefully wipe your face with toner to remove any excess honey.
Do this mask at least 2 times a week, and you will notice how the complexion and skin condition will improve. The effect it gives is almost the same as with the alginate mask.
Find branded skin care products on Jiji cheaper!
2. Gentle honey scrub
How to prepare this scrub:
- apply honey directly to cleansed skin in a circular motion,
- leave it on the face for 5 minutes so that it opens the pores,
- then with fingertips do massage with clapping movements, clearly along the message lines. Concentrate on the places where you have the most visible pores,
- massage until the honey on the face turns white,
- then wash it off with warm water and wipe the face with a tonic to restore the ph-balance of the skin.
3. Acne honey treatment
You can not apply honey remedies when your acne is in the active stage (when the pus is already very close to the surface of the skin, and you feel that it is about to burst out).
But, if you only have a few pimples and they are in the stage of maturation (you feel them, they turn red and slightly ruin the relief of the face), then you can safely use a honey face mask!
Honey is an anti-inflammatory agent that:
- helps to reduce redness and swelling of acne,
- its antibacterial properties help fight acne-causing bacteria,
- because of the moisturizing effect of honey, it helps control the production of the skin oil, preventing the appearance of new acne.
4. Honey hair conditioner
How to prepare this hair conditioner mask with honey for hair:
- mix 2 tbsp. honey with water,
- dilute the honey so that you can easily distribute it over the entire length of the hair and scalp. The amount of water depends on the consistency of honey. Ideally, you should get a mixture that resembles hair conditioner with its texture.
- Apply every time after shampooing on wet hair.
- Leave it on strands for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water. Use at least 2 times a week.
Check out high-quality hair beauty products on Jiji – buy branded items at the best prices on the Web!
5. Mask for dry and damaged hair with honey and yolk
How to prepare this mask:
- mix two beaten chicken yolks with a tablespoon of honey,
- apply the mixture on the hair, moving 5-7 cm from the roots,
- leave for 20-30 minutes,
- rinse the mask with warm water.
6. Hair strengthening mask with honey, onion & garlic
How to prepare this mask:
- grate or blend a medium onion and 1 clove of garlic,
- add 1 tbsp. l melted honey, mix everything,
- carefully rub into the scalp mask,
- leave the mask for 30-40 minutes,
- then rinse with warm water.
In order to eliminate the onion-garlic odor, we recommend using:
- a rinse based on the tea tree, jasmine, and lavender essential oils. Dissolve 2-3 drops of each essential oil in 500 ml. water, then rinse the hair with it.
- Also, you can rinse your hair with vinegar: dissolve 2 tbsp. in 1 liter of water and wash your hair, and the smell will be completely gone.
Install free updated Jiji app now – get the best Jiji deals from anywhere you are!