Transferring data is a process of sharing your mobile data from your own phone to someone else’s device. You never know when this service may come in handy, so here is a detailed guide on how to transfer data on the most popular Nigerian service providers: MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
Shop mobile phones for every taste and budget on Jiji
1. How to transfer data on MTN
With MTN, you need to have more than 10MB of data in your account if you want to make a data transfer to another MTN number. To transfer data on MTN, simply dial *131*2# on your phone and follow the instructions presented on the screen.
At some point, you will be asked to enter the PIN for the operation, where you need to enter 0000 as the default PIN number. However, if you want your operations with mobile data to be better protected, you can choose a more complex PIN that is not that easy to guess.
2. How to transfer data on Glo
Glo allows you to transfer data to any other Glo number in two very easy ways:
- Dial *127*01*(your friend’s number)# on your phone. The end result will look like this: *127*01*27684359282#.
- Alternatively, you can send an SMS whenever you want to transfer data to another number. To use this method, simply text “Share (your friend’s number)” to 127. Your text will look like this: “Share 27684359282”.
3. How to transfer data on Airtel
With Airtel, you can transfer any amount of data up to 2GB to any other Airtel SIM card. Follow these steps to seamlessly make the transfer within minutes:
- Dial *175*5# on your mobile phone.
- Choose option 2, which is called DataMe2U.
- Enter the number of the person you want to receive your data.
- Enter the amount of data you want to transfer.
- Click Send to finish the transfer process and exit the menu.
4. How to transfer data on 9mobile
9mobile provides two options for customers who want to share data with their friends and family members. The first one is called the Moreblaze Family Plan. With it, you can transfer data to as many numbers as you want with just a few steps:
Read more: How To Buy Airtime Online
- Dial *200# or *917# on your phone to buy the subscription to a family plan.
- Pick option 3 for data transfer.
- Pick option 5 to buy the necessary amount of data.
- Finish the operation by transferring the data.
The other option is called Data Balance Transfer and it is equally easy to use:
- Make sure you have over 100MB of data on your account balance.
- Dial *229*Your PIN*Transfer Amount in MB*Friend’s number#. Your end combination should look like this: *229*0000*50*27684359282#.
With this method, you can send anywhere between 10MB and 50MB up to five times a day, which should successfully cover your data transfer needs.
Buy and sell mobile phones and other goods with the Jiji app