Christmas is just around the corner, and you are probably invited to a big Christmas celebration or are holding a Christmas party of your own. There are many things to take care of when preparing for Christmas, and your outfit is one of them. Here is how to buy the best Christmas outfit this year!
Shop trendy and affordable clothing for any occasion on Jiji
1. Consider the things you already have
Your wardrobe is probably full of stylish and beautiful clothes, so there may be no need to buy a completely new outfit, as you can get away with using your existing collection for your Christmas outfit. For example, if you have a favourite pair of jeans, you can buy a cute blouse to make your outfit look completely new.
Read more: Ankara Wrap Top Styles You Will Love
Even if you don’t have anything you think is appropriate for the Christmas festivities, you can still save some money on your Christmas outfit shopping by putting your existing footwear and accessories to good use. Glittery pumps, adorable ballet flats, a trendy clutch and some sparkly jewelry from your collection will complete your outfit without you spending a fortune on accessories.
2. Consider the trends
Every year, stylists and clothing designers come up with new pieces of advice on what to wear during Christmas celebrations, and this year is no exception. According to the magazines and influencers, this is what everyone is going to be wearing during Christmas 2019:
Read more: Corporate Ankara Styles For Work
- Sequins. There is no better time of the year to rock sequins, so you may start planning your Christmas outfit that features lots of these glittery pieces. You can go as subtle as wearing sequined shoes, but if you want to make the most lasting impression on the guests, invest in a sequined dress or top that you can pair with a modest pencil skirt.
- Velvet. Velvet is a fabric that is closely associated with winter holidays, so a 2019 Christmas celebration is a great opportunity to wrap yourself in elegant and comforting velvet. The classic choice is a velvet evening dress, but even wearing a velvet blazer over your regular dress will get you into the holiday spirit.
- Metallics. The natural instinct on Christmas is to shine like a diamond, and a metallic outfit or even a single metallic piece can help you achieve just that! We recommend investing in a metallic pleated skirt, which is one of the hottest trends of 2019.
- Leather. A leather Christmas outfit is ideal for someone who likes to make daring statements with their looks. Anything from a leather pencil skirt to a leather jumpsuit will make you the best-dressed guest of the Christmas gathering!
- Jumpsuits. If you are struggling to find the right occasion to wear your new jumpsuit, consider rocking it on a Christmas party! A jumpsuit is a bold choice of a party outfit and it requires very little accessories, but you can unleash your creativity with footwear and a bag you will pair with your look.
10.9k Likes, 304 Comments – ChicAma (@chicamastyle) on Instagram: “FINE WINE🍷 in @_divabby_ Erica Velvet dress perfect for #theseason 🎄 Dress @_divabby_”
3. Shop the sales
Black Friday has already passed, and time before Christmas is known as one of the most expensive periods of the year to shop for anything. However, if you want to score the best deals, buy your Christmas outfit about a week before Christmas, provided that it can be delivered before the holiday – during this time, many sellers lower their prices for last-minute shoppers.
4. Buy second-hand
If you are generally not opposed to the idea of buying used clothes, you can save a fortune on your Christmas outfit. Many women buy beautiful Christmas clothes that are only worn once to a party. By buying a second-hand piece for your Christmas look, you will save a considerable amount of money that you can spend on gifts or other ways to make yourself and people around you happier this Christmas.
Buy everything you need with everyday low prices on the Jiji app