Party packs, party bags, or goodie bags, are little presents that you as a host give to the children guests of your party – most commonly, it happens during a child’s birthday party, although some hosts give out goodie bags to their guests on Christmas and other events. Here are the best party bag ideas for kids!
Find the best deals on baby and kids products on Jiji
1. What not to put in a party bag
No matter what kind of kids will get your goodie bags, there are certain things that you should not include in them:
- Sweet treats that can create a mess;
- Plastic toys of questionable quality that will break down the next day;
- Gifts that are out of the age range of your guests;
- Items that cost more than $5 that you wouldn’t want your guests to break or lose.
At the end of the day, choosing the contents of the party packs for your guests should not be too complicated or expensive. All you need to do is consider the age of the children, their tastes and interests, and the theme of the party to find the perfect way to fill those bags.
Read more: 10 Most Creative Birthday Photoshoot Ideas!
2. What you can always put in a party bag
If you don’t know much about the interests of your party guests, or they have a wide range of ages, or you simply don’t want to spend too much time on filling the bags, here are foolproof items that any kid will love:
- Sweet treats: make sure those treats are not messy and are safe for everyone. Gummy candy, M&Ms, dried fruits, and individually wrapped sweets all make a great filler for party packs.
- Crafting supplies. From a young age, children love drawing, glueing, modelling, and other creative tasks, which require a variety of supplies. Paper, crayons, and modelling clay are just some of the gifts you can give your crafty guests.
- Wooden toys. Plastic toys, which can be broken in seconds, may possibly disappoint your little guests. Wooden toys, on the other hand, look incredibly cool and are much more durable.
- Books. For younger guests, you can put a collection of short stories that their parents will read to them, and kids from the age of 6-8 will really appreciate fiction books they can read on their own.
- Stickers. Stickers can give a lot of joy to children of all ages, so you can never go wrong with this one.
- Bubbles. Like stickers, bubbles are able to delight not only children, but also adults, and they can be used from the age of 1.
- Bouncy balls. When the bouncy ball is just the right size and not too small, it can give hours of fun to both human family members and pets.
- Socks. No matter how old the guests at your party are, they will always appreciate a new pair of socks. Bonus points for socks with cute or funny designs!
- Jewelry and hair accessories. If the guests of your birthday party are mostly girls, you can surprise them with adorable jewelry, hair clips and ties, or even child-friendly makeup.
Read more: Best Gifts For Kids For Christmas
3. Consider the theme of the party
Many children these days prefer to have their birthday parties with a theme that is close to their hearts. If your little birthday boy is a fan of dinosaurs and everything on the event was dinosaur-themed, it makes perfect sense to fill the goody bag with dinosaur stickers, books, cookies, or anything else that jumps to mind.
Read more: Christmas Tradition In Nigeria: The Top 5
For a superhero party, you can send the guests back home with superhero masks. A Harry Potter-themed party is the ideal time to fill the goodie bags with magic wands. If you are having a birthday party where everyone is engaging in the same activity – for example, baking – fill the party packs with baking items that will help the guests recreate what they learned at home.
Plan the perfect event on any budget with the Jiji app