ICAN, or Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, is the country’s leading authority in all things accounting and audit. Being a member of ICAN is a valuable asset to any accountant and is a proof of your professional qualifications. Here is to register with ICAN in Nigeria.
Find the best accounting classes and courses in Nigeria on Jiji
To proceed with your ICAN membership, you will need to complete two stages: make a payment and register with the Institute. Here is how to do it.
1. How to pay for ICAN
Before you can apply for a membership at ICAN, you will need to make a payment to the organization. This is an application fee that is universal for all applicants. With your one-time payment, you register for an ICAN examination. You can find various payment methods on the ICAN Members page. Make sure to keep your payment receipt at hand, as you will need it at the subsequent stages of the registration process.
2. How to register at ICAN
To become a member of ICAN, you need to be either a professional student, an ATSWA student, or a practising accountant with at least 3 years of professional experience. In this guide, we will focus on signing up with ICAN as an actively working accountant. Here are the steps you need to take if you want to become a member of ICAN.
Read more: Top 10 Highest Earning CEO’s In Nigeria
- Pay the ₦90,000 induction fee through PayDirect at any local Nigerian bank and keep the deposit slip.
- Visit the ICAN Members section and register on the site using your deposit slip number and receipt number in the corresponding fields.
- The system will then generate your unique Serial Number and PIN.
- Enter the Serial Number, PIN, and Student Registration Number into the corresponding fields to proceed.
- Upload your photograph where your face is highly visible against a white background; a passport photo will do perfectly.
- You will need a sponsor or a referee to sign your application, which is why you will also need to print out a form for them.
- Upload one or more Confirmation/Attestation letters printed on the company’s letterhead. The letters should be filled out and signed by your current or previous employers. Make sure the letters contain information about the duration of your employment and the duties you routinely performed in the workplace.
- Once everything is filled out and uploaded, print out your application and submit it in person to ICAN at Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. If you have any questions, you can contact the ICAN membership department by email or telephone number listed on their website.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app