Tiger nuts are vegetables, that grow all over the world, and are known under different names, like earth almond and nut grass. In some places, they grow mostly as a wild plant, in some countries, people grow them as a crop. Although they are called nuts and even look like ones, tiger nuts are actually parts of the root of the plant.
There are multiple tiger nut recipes for substances, that are helpful in different fields, it is often used in cosmetic industry, but most importantly – they are full of useful substances our body need. They are full of potassium and magnesium, have high energy value and are a great source of protein.
That’s why tiger milk benefits are so massive and this drink is considered one of the best alternatives to the animal milk. If you want to enjoy these benefits too, here is some advice on how to make tiger nut milk at home.
Stay healthy with the Jiji app!
To make tiger nut milk you’re going to need:
- 450 grams of tiger nuts
- 5 liters of cold water
- ½ tsp of the sea salt
- Ingredients for an additional flavor – sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, honey etc.
Also, you will need a blender and a piece of cloth to separate the milk from the pulp.
2. How to make tiger nut milk
These are the instructions on how to make tiger nut drink:
- Place your tiger nuts into the bowl or another container.
- Add sea salt and fill the container with water until the water level rises for about 2-4 cm above the nuts. Sea salt will help the nuts to better absorb water.
- If the nuts you use are fresh enough, leave them for a few hours, if they are completely dry, wait for 24-48 hours. Keep them out of direct sunlight.
- After that, sift and thoroughly rinse the nuts. Place them into the blender and add 2 cups of clean water.
- Now is the time to add your additional ingredients. Sugar is great in amplifying the taste of tiger nut milk, but it is not really healthy to add it. Opt for the honey if you want your drink to be sweet and still diet.
- Blend till the texture of the mix is uniform and smooth (a few minutes).
- Separate a liquid from the mix. Use the cloth – put the mixture into it and wring out the milk.
- If this amount of milk is not enough for you, place the pulp back into blender, add two more cups of water and repeat the process. Notice, that the second batch will not be as concentrated as the first one. You can repeat the process, until you won’t be able to squeeze anything, except for water.
- Put the liquid into the fridge and leave it for a few hours. Your own healthy tiger nut milk is now ready for your enjoyment. If you’re wondering, how to preserve tiger nut milk, don’t worry – requirements are the same as for the cow milk.
3. How to make tiger nut flour
You can use leftover tiger nut pulp to make tiger nut flour. Right now, it is a very popular product, used as a tiger nut and female fertility, gluten-free alternative to the wheat flour. This is how you can make it in the comfort of your house:
- Put the pulp into a blender, add some sugar and, if you want, some powdered protein.
- Blend it for a few minutes, until the texture is close to the powder
- Let it dry off. Put the mix in dry space under the sun and leave it for a few days.
- If after this the texture is still too rough, blend it again.
Enjoy healthy food anywhere with the Jiji app!