A wig is an effortless and safe way to try different styles with your hair without damaging it at all. However, store-bought wigs are sometimes too expensive, too generic, or lack quality.
Learning how to make braided wigs will open up lots of new possibilities for styling your hair. Find out how to make a homemade wig called Million Braids!
No time for crafts? Shop affordable wigs in Nigeria on Jiji!
1. What you’ll need
If you want to learn how to make wig braids, first of all, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary materials and tools at hand. To make your first million braids wig, you will need the following items:
- Braiding hair or attachment braids
- Wig cap
- Crochet hook
- Mannequin head
- Wig stand holder
Most of these items can be purchased at specialized stores for wig makers and hairstylists. You can also look for most of the tools and materials for making a wig on Jiji, where top Nigerian sellers supply quality items for all of your beauty needs.
2. How to make a wig cap at home
A wig cap is the foundation of your future wig, but there are several reasons why a store-bought cap may not work for you. If you have an irregular-shaped head, want to ensure the most flawless fit, or simply want to save a couple thousand nairas on making your wig, you can create the wig cap at home!
There are many different tutorials on how to make a wig cap, but most of them require specialized tools and materials or are simply too difficult for beginners. Luckily, you can make a wig cap in just three simple steps using just two things:
To make your own, perfectly fitted wig cap, follow these steps:
- Pull the stocking over your head crown and adjust it as much as needed until it lands perfectly on your hairline.
- Take the remaining part of the stocking and grab the stocking 1-2 cm from your scalp. This is done to make the wig cap fit precisely but not too tightly. Adjust the desired tightness of your wig cap by moving your hand up or down the stocking.
- Create a loop in the exact spot you hold with your hand. Pull both ends of the stocking to tighten up the knot. Cut the remaining part of the stocking with scissors. Your wig cap is ready!
3. How to make million braids wig
There are two main options if you want to make a million braids wig: you can buy ready braids or you can make them from scratch. Making braids from scratch requires a lot of time and patience, but in the end, you will be rewarded with a wig that looks exactly like the one you’ve imagined.
Here is a video tutorial that will not only teach you the basics of custom wig making, but will also demonstrate an easy technique for turning store-bought braiding hair into neat, identical braids. With this tutorial, you will enjoy every second of creating your wig and will love the result!
This is a beginner friendly video on how to make a braided wig. In this tutorial on how to make a million braided wig twist i showed you guys how to make a braided wig, that is beginner friendly. Here are links to the products i used: 1. Mannequin head: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Z3JuJYJ 2.
Buy everything you need for a flawless look on the Jiji app