- 1. Daycare business plan in Nigeria: Advantages and drawbacks of daycare business
- 2. How to start a daycare in Nigeria: Determine what type of business you want to start
- 3. How to start a day care center in Nigeria: Premises
- 4. Daycare business plan in Nigeria: Staff requirements
- 5. How much does it cost to open a daycare center in Nigeria?
How to start a daycare in Nigeria and why it is worth a try?!
Daycare services are now becoming increasingly relevant due to the busy pace of life of people, the lack of time to devote themselves to raising and educating a child on weekdays and during holidays, as well as due to a simple desire to take a rest in free time.
Let’s find out how to start a day care center in Nigeria!
Find the best daycare staff on Jiji!
1. Daycare business plan in Nigeria: Advantages and drawbacks of daycare business
- moderate start-up capital requirements;
- high profitability;
- no need for licensing (in most cases);
- flexible pricing, that attracts a large number of customers.
- The complexity of finding high-quality and competent staff.
Find more business ideas on Jiji: check out these tips on starting Recharge Card Printing Business!
2. How to start a daycare in Nigeria: Determine what type of business you want to start
Home kindergarten. Opening a kindergarten at home is a quite troublesome task. You will need to:
- equip the premises (apartment or house);
- obtain all permits from the sanitary and fire service;
- register your business, etc.
To implement this business idea, you need a lot of money, so this kind of business is unlikely to be of interest for start-up entrepreneurs.
Nanny for an hour. This option does not require registering as an individual entrepreneur, so you don’t have to mess around with papers, and you can start earning money at any time.
Starting a daycare center. In this case, it is necessary to register as an individual entrepreneur or a legal entity. The agency acts as an intermediary between the customer (nanny, governess) and the client and earns a percentage of each order or employment.
Find more business ideas on Jiji: check out these tips on How To Start A Photography Business!
3. How to start a day care center in Nigeria: Premises
Read more: How To Start A Tailoring Business In Nigeria!
In order to organize the work, you will need suitable premises. The best option is to rent a small office space in the central part of the city.
This will increase the attractiveness of business for the customers and show them that your company is worth to work with.
Find the cheapest commercial property for rent on Jiji!
4. Daycare business plan in Nigeria: Staff requirements
Staff recruitment is the main component of success in this business!
When choosing staff, take the following qualities into account:
- good manners;
- correct speech;
- good manners;
- neat appearance;
- ability to stay at ease;
- the right approach to children.
- pedagogical or medical education;
- experience (desirable);
- good recommendations are a big plus!
Preference is given to women who have experience in raising their own children and grandchildren.
5. How much does it cost to open a daycare center in Nigeria?
The estimated cost ranges from N3,600,000 to N18,000,000. Daycare center franchise startups can range from N21,240,000.
Daycare center owners typically pay the salaries from the profits. The average annual salaries start from $18,320,000.
If you are looking to open up your own childcare program, and you struggle with how to get started, then you are in the right place. Whether that be a family childcare home or a licensed childcare facility, then you are in the right place!
Install free updated Jiji app now to get the best Jiji deals right on your smartphone!