A girdle is one of the most popular types of shapewear. When you think about the benefits of wearing a girdle, you normally think about the effect it has on your appearance. However, regularly wearing a girdle has both health benefits and side effects that you need to know about.
Shop gorgeous shapewear for any budget on Jiji
1. Health benefits of wearing a girdle
Besides the positive changes in the appearance of your figure, you can also look forward to the following benefits of regularly wearing a girdle:
Read more: 5 Stylish Ways To Wear Lingerie In Public
- Breast support. If you have a large bust, you are probably very familiar with back pains and other uncomfortable sensations. A girdle offers additional support to your bust, relieving the stress on your back.
- Better posture. Most people today are prone to bad posture, and wearing a girdle is an easy way to correct it. A girdle will help you keep your back straight without restraining it too much, so you’ll enjoy both a better posture and more room for movement.
- Weight loss. While a girdle does not directly influence your weight, it makes you appear smaller on your weight loss journey, thus giving you the confidence to continue. Plus, regularly going out in a girdle helps you keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- Stress. It turns out that wearing a girdle can help with not only physical, but mental health. Being in a girdle all day long is a certain type of pressure that is very therapeutic and can even feel like a hug, giving you the strength to combat stress and anxiety.
- Headaches. Bad posture and unnecessary strain on the back and shoulders can lead to frequent headaches. A girdle offers your back and shoulders extra support, relieving your headaches and preventing migraines.
2. Side effects of wearing a girdle
Wearing a girdle has numerous benefits for your health and emotional well-being, but if you wear your girdle 365 days a year, there are certain side effects that can also happen:
Read more: Top 10 Bra Brands: Best Underwear For You
- Heart problems. Due to being rather restricting, a girdle can lead to problems with blood circulations, which, in turn, will cause your heart to work harder with negative consequences.
- Digestive problems. Most girdles feel rather tight on your abdomen and often compress your stomach, intestines, and colon. As a result, you may experience heartburn and other problems with your digestion.
- Bladder pressure. If you have ever worn a girdle for an extended period of time, you know that going to the bathroom in a girdle can be rather uncomfortable. As a result, women keep from relieving their bladder on time, which, over time, can lead to incontinence and leakage.
- Breathing problems. Breathing deep is an essential requirement for the normal operation of every system in our bodies. Wearing a tight girdle constrains your diaphragm, making your stomach flare up when you are breathing, which results in shallow breaths.
- Varicose veins. If you are genetically predisposed to the varicose vein problem and have multiple women in your family suffering from the disease, there is a big chance that wearing a girdle every day will make the blood circulation in your legs worse and lead to the formation of varicose veins.
Read more: Waist Trainer – Is It Right For You?
Buy and sell anything you want on the Jiji app