A wedding is one of the most exciting events in any woman’s life, and if it just so happened that you are pregnant on your big day, it doesn’t mean that you should give up on fashion. Here is how to choose the perfect wedding dress for a pregnant bride plus some charming maternity wedding gown styles.
Shop wedding wear for any taste and budget on Jiji
1. How to choose a wedding dress
When you are pregnant, you may not want to wear the wedding gown you have always dreamed of – it may simply not look great with your bump or be too uncomfortable to wear all day long. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to dress yourself and your baby bump for the wedding in a stylish and adorable way without feeling any discomfort. Here are some helpful tips on how to choose a wedding gown when you’re expecting:
Read more: Trending Wedding Dresses Of 2019
- Some brides prefer to conceal their baby bump, especially if the wedding takes place during the first few months of the pregnancy, and that’s perfectly okay. If you want to hide your baby bump with a wedding dress, opt for an empire waist construction with several layers of tulle or lace to highlight your waist even more.
- Choose comfort over everything. Your wedding day will last for hours, and if you pick a beautiful but uncomfortable dress, by the end of the day, you will only think about taking the dress off. Plus, a dress that is too tight may be bad for you and your baby’s health. A-line dresses are always the most comfortable option, but there are much more silhouettes you can try.
- Consider size changes. If you go shopping for a wedding dress early in your pregnancy and account for the growing bump, but the event takes place a few months later, you may find it difficult to fit into your dress when the big day comes. Women gain weight during pregnancy in different places, including waist, bust, and back. Always choose a flexible wedding dress design that can be adjusted to your new figure.
- Don’t just focus on maternity wedding dresses. Your ideal wedding outfit may be neither maternal nor a dress. Many pregnant brides look and feel completely fine in a cute white jumpsuit or in a short empire waist dress they found in a regular clothing store.
- Think of your bump as the central element of the wedding look. If you chose not to conceal your bump, you should instead flaunt it. It means that it may not be the best idea to wear lots of statement jewelry, elaborate dress decorations, or other striking accessories. Everything you wear should not compete with the bump.
- Pay attention to footwear. Since you will spend the whole day on your feet, classic bridal pumps may not be your best option, especially if your feet swell due to the pregnancy. Instead, you can opt for kitten heels, ballet pumps, or even a pair of white decorated sneakers for a fun and trendy wedding look.
2. Maternity wedding dress styles
Need some inspiration for your upcoming nuptials as a pregnant bride? Here are some examples of how you can look both chic and comfortable on your wedding day!
Read more: Bridal Shower Outfit Ideas
Champagne satin instead of white tulle is a daring yet stylish choice for your wedding.
💕 Chic Bump Customer @thekashbarb looks amazing in the Champagne Wrap Gown 😍 Congratulations to you both and thank you for shopping with us 💕#chicbumpclub
1,130 Likes, 8 Comments – CHIC BUMP CLUB ™️ (@chicbumpclub) on Instagram: “💕 Chic Bump Customer @thekashbarb looks amazing in the Champagne Wrap Gown 😍 Congratulations to you…”
This off-shoulder wedding gown with a fitted silhouette would also look fantastic on a non-pregnant bride, but it’s the ideal choice for a bride who is expecting.
Dreamy feels for the weekend! So pretty @yourfashionfairy 💜👰🏽 #Repost ・・・ Custom Crown & Bouquet @stylebybobbye perfect touches for my #gardenceremony ZOOM in👑💐More details about my special day on the blog. Link up top🔝💜 FunFact: I love my #flowercrown so much I wore it from the hospital after my baby girl delivery💜☺️🤱🏾💁🏾♀️👰🏾 #weddingday #foreverinlove #itsouranniversary #pregnantbride #bridalfashion #bridalday #influencer #consultant #fashionblogger #yourfashionfairy #fashionfairy ®️ www.yourfashionfairy.com
22 Likes, 4 Comments – Black Brides Daily (@blackbridesdaily) on Instagram: “Dreamy feels for the weekend! So pretty @yourfashionfairy 💜👰🏽 #Repost ・・・ Custom Crown & Bouquet…”
If you are lucky enough to keep your original waist and silhouette, here is a simple yet beautiful dress idea for you to consider.
Is Flashback Friday still a thing? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Anyway, flashback to our wedding day 5 months ago. Never in a million years did I think I’d be walking down the isle 7 months pregnant. Believe me, I cried about it. Several times. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I was looking forward to walking down the isle SNATCHED!! Waist snatched, face beat, heels high. Instead, I had swollen feet, a puffy face, an even more swollen stomach and a bad attitude (my sincere apologies to my bridesmaids, again 😂). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #Happy #Islandmummy #Motherandson #mother #instgood #fun #tbt #cute #goodtime #eyes #baby #dad #fam #pregnantbride #love #instagood #awesome #happy #life #bride #love #smile #photooftheday #picoftheday #wedding #family #mother #antiguaandbarbuda #Community #momssupportingmoms @cocomelodyofficial
176 Likes, 9 Comments – Criscione Morgan (@island.mummy) on Instagram: “Is Flashback Friday still a thing? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Anyway, flashback to our wedding day 5 months ago….”
In case you prefer shorter wedding gowns, this wedding dress will both make you feel very comfortable while also showcasing your fashion sense.
Read more: Best Wedding Dresses For Your Body Type
Finally The New Dolly Dress is back in sizes Large upto 3XL😍 pre orders have started online and are ready to ship November 18th 💕 www.ChicBumpClub.Com
334 Likes, 3 Comments – CHIC BUMP CLUB ™️ (@chicbumpclub) on Instagram: “Finally The New Dolly Dress is back in sizes Large upto 3XL😍 pre orders have started online and are…”
Here is an idea on how to wear your favourite style of wedding dresses with minimal alterations for the bump:
My Father and I. I was raised my an Alpha man! #neworleans #neworleansweddings #blackmarriage #nolabride #blackweddings #destinationwedding #blackmarriagesmatter #blackmarriagemovement #blackbrides #weddingdflow #weddingday #ilovemyhusband #blackwivesmatter #cpht #bunintheoven #pregnantbride #fatherofthebride #blackdadsrock #blackfathers #raisedbyanalphaman #alphaphialpha #lennywebster #mlbwife #langston2K18
63 Likes, 6 Comments – Rasheda, CPhT💊💉🍍🌞🍷💊 (@rashedathecpht) on Instagram: “My Father and I. I was raised my an Alpha man! #neworleans #neworleansweddings #blackmarriage…”
Lots of freely flowing fabric, no restricting corsets, and a forgiving fit that accommodates for the bump are the recipe for a cute maternity wedding look.
‘Never a river ever run so deep as the love I have for you. I can stand on my own but i’d rather stand with you, with a PROMISE and a VOW for the rest of my life. Truth be told I’ve never felt this way. Darling know I might make mistakes but I’m willing to love you for the REST OF MY DAYS. YOU AND I ALWAYS’. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #engagement #wedding #Bridetobe #rings #PregnantBride #babypj #ThePalmers #like4like#pregnant #melanin #brownskingirl #blackgirlskillingit #proposal #pregnancy #bride #babyonboard #baby #London
867 Likes, 278 Comments – CYNTHIA DJ MVP (@cynthia_djmvp) on Instagram: “‘Never a river ever run so deep as the love I have for you. I can stand on my own but i’d rather…”
You could easily rock this beautiful wedding gown on a regular wedding day, but it is also one of the best ways to dress your baby bump in style.
|09.20.2019| “Before I vow to you, I want to thank you. Thank you for being my best friend. You were what 2011 Shabreon, in a dark place, didn’t know she needed.” 📸:@erikrevillsphotographyy 💄: @ardesia.amp #theroadtorichards #millennialmarriage #blacklove #wedding #bride #atlantaweddings #pregnantbride #collegesweethearts #ittakesavillage #onedayatatime
278 Likes, 48 Comments – Shabreon Starks 🖤 (@too_shay11) on Instagram: “|09.20.2019| “Before I vow to you, I want to thank you. Thank you for being my best friend. You…”
Pleats are one of the best design choices for a maternity wedding dress: a pleated dress can fit any body type and make your pregnancy look even chicer.
1,142 Likes, 11 Comments – CHIC BUMP CLUB ™️ (@chicbumpclub) on Instagram: “The Capri Gown is available online now in White www.ChicBumpClub.Com”
Plan your wedding from your phone with the Jiji app