The Instagram Explore page is one of the most popular ways to get access to the content you want to see. In an ideal situation, you can enter the Explore page and every post there will be right up your street. However, sometimes things don’t go as planned, your interests change, and the Explore content becomes completely irrelevant. In that case, the best solution is to clean out your Instagram Explore page, and here is how to do it.
Use Instagram like a pro with a new mobile phone from Jiji
1. What do you see on Instagram Explore?
The content you see on your Instagram Explore page may sometimes look random, but if you are a frequent Instagram user, you should know that Explore contains all the content you have been interested in at some point in your user journey. These are the most common ways for Instagram to learn more about your tastes:
- When you like a post;
- When you comment under a post;
- When you search for a specific hashtag;
- When you search for a specific profile;
- When you open one type of suggested Explore posts more often than the others.
2. A complete reset
The most radical and effective way to clean out your Instagram Explore is to do a complete reset. That way, your Explore will initially only display the most popular posts unrelated to your interests and you will be able to gradually build up the content according to your liking. Here is how to reset your Instagram Explore:
- Open the Instagram app you’re logged into and tap the Menu icon in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Go to Security and then select Search History.
- Tap Clear Search History. This move will delete your whole search history on Instagram and reset your Explore page to its default state.
3. Customizing the Explore page
If most of the content on your Explore page matches your preferences and you don’t want to erase it all but just want to get rid of one or more types of content you don’t want to see, follow these steps:
- Launch Instagram and go to the Explore page.
- Find the type of content you are not interested in and don’t want to see in the future.
- Tap the icon with three dots in the right upper corner.
- Tap the See Fewer Posts Like This option.
- Repeat these steps for all the posts you don’t want to appear on your Explore page.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app