- 10. Ulysse Nardin Hannibal Minute Repeater Tourbillon – $760,000
- 9. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Grande Complication – $990,000
- 8. Rolex Paul Newman Ref. 6264 John Player Special – $1.52 million
- 7. Franck Muller Aeternitas Mega 4 – $2.4 million
- 6. Patek Philippe 5004T – $3.8 million
- 5. Louis Moinet Meteoris Collection – $4.7 million
- 4. Patek Philippe Ref 1518 In Steel – $11.8 million
- 3. Paul Newman Rolex Daytona – $18 million
- 2. Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime – $32 million
- 1. Breguet Grande Complication Marie-Antoinette – $33.3 million
In this day and age, some people consider a wristwatch to be a completely unnecessary accessory since you can always check the time on your phone and there are hundreds of smartwatches with outstanding functionality to choose from if you want to wear something on your wrist. However, watches remain one of the most popular accessories in the world with some of the watches costing much more than anyone can imagine. Here are the 10 most expensive watches in the world.
Shop over 30,000 trendy and affordable watches on Jiji
10. Ulysse Nardin Hannibal Minute Repeater Tourbillon – $760,000
This watch is fully hand-crafted and features a depiction of the Hannibalic War from the Roman times. On top of that, the watch includes a unique minute repeater that has its own musical pattern and makes it even more pleasant to own the Tourbillon.
Read more: Top 5 Most Expensive Phones In The World
9. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Grande Complication – $990,000
Audemars Piguet is a watch brand that is known for constantly upping the ante for other wristwatch manufacturers and introducing more and more innovations. The Royal Oak Grande Complication watch is hand-finished and features a string of “complications”, from the perpetual calendar to the split-second chronograph.
8. Rolex Paul Newman Ref. 6264 John Player Special – $1.52 million
The John Player Special Rolex watch got its name and colour scheme from the signature Formula 1 car sponsored by the brand. It is believed that only 10 black and gold John Player Special watches were ever made and the most expensive one of them was sold on Sotheby’s for over $1.5 million.
7. Franck Muller Aeternitas Mega 4 – $2.4 million
The Franck Muller Aeternitas Mega 4 is seemingly a small wristwatch, but it packs a surprising number of features and impressive facts. It includes a sapphire glass back, a 1000-year calendar, and consists of 1,483 components. On top of that, it’s a visually stunning watch that looks completely unique and highly recognizable.
6. Patek Philippe 5004T – $3.8 million
For buyers who are looking for the most exclusive watch to own, the Patek Philippe 5004T seems like a great option. This watch exists in just one copy and is the titanium version of the iconic 5004 watch. It’s a cool, sporty watch that is uncharacteristic for the sophisticated Patek Philippe watch family.
5. Louis Moinet Meteoris Collection – $4.7 million
The Louis Moinet Meteoris Collection has many reasons to stand out. First, the brand is named after Louis Moinet, the man behind the whole chronograph industry. Second, the watch has a breathtaking design. Third, each watch in the collection features a piece of a meteorite for a more exclusive feel.
4. Patek Philippe Ref 1518 In Steel – $11.8 million
The history of the Patek Philippe 1518 dates back to 1941, when it became the first watch with a perpetual calendar and a chronograph. Visually, the design of the 1518 may not look as groundbreaking as some other watches on our list, but buyers are still prepared to pay any price to own this exclusive item.
3. Paul Newman Rolex Daytona – $18 million
The Rolex Daytona is a well-known piece among watch fans, but no other Daytona ever made could ever come close to the value of the watch that was gifted to the iconic actor Paul Newman by his wife. This elegant wristwatch is the only one of its kind, and so its end price at the auction was by no means surprising.
2. Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime – $32 million
Patek Philippe watches are some of the most coveted collector’s items in the world, but even by the brand’s standard, the $32 million auction price of the Grandmaster Chime may seem excessive. However, the watch has two faces, so in a way, you feel like you are buying two watches instead of one.
1. Breguet Grande Complication Marie-Antoinette – $33.3 million
The Breguet Grande Complication Marie-Antoinette watch is a pocket watch, not a wristwatch, but it is still the most expensive and exclusive watch made to date. The work on the watch started in 1782 and was finished in 1827. For a long time, it was considered stolen, but now this gold watch is safely waiting for its buyer in a Jerusalem museum.
Read more: Top 5 Most Expensive Weddings In Nigeria
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app