The admissions season is just around the corner, so everyone looking to enrol in a university this year is now anxiously waiting for the JAMB 2021 updates. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has just unveiled a lot of valuable information for this year’s applicants, and here is what you need to know about the 2021 process.
Find the best courses and classes in Nigeria on Jiji
1. Examination date
This year, there were some mishaps with the JAMB starting dates. The examination dates remained unchanged, but the registration date was moved several days forward. The valid JAMB 2021 dates are the following:
- Registration: from April 12th to May 15th.
- Registration for the mock exam: from April 12th to April 24th.
- Mock exam: April 30th.
- Exams: from June 5th to June 19th.
So while the JAMB registration for 2021 has already started, you still have more than a month to register for this year’s exams!
2. UTME centers
As it’s the case every year, you can’t take your JAMB exams at home or in a cyber cafe. If you want the whole thing to be official and count towards your education prospects, you need to take the exams in an accredited Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination center. The good news is that this year, there are over 800 centers accredited for taking the exam – 802, to be precise.
Read more: Best Academic Courses To Study In Nigeria
It’s safe to say that there is an UTME center in every part of Nigeria. Whether you love close to the major cities like Lagos and Abuja or you are located in a more remote area, you have plenty of ways to complete your JAMB exams and increase your chances of getting where you want. You can find the complete list of accredited UTME centers here.
3. How to register for JAMB 2021
The procedure of registering for JAMB 2021 has not changed that much compared to last year, so if it’s not your first time taking the exam, you probably already have the idea of how to register for this year’s program. If not, these are the steps you’ll need to take:
Read more: How To Check WAEC Result 2020
- Check your eligibility. Before you proceed with the rest of the steps, JAMB recommends you check if you’re eligible for this year’s exams. You can use the JAMB iBASS (Integrated Brochure and Syllabus System) for that.
- Get your credentials ready. In order to complete the registration for this year’s JAMB exams, you need to have a valid email account, so that the officials could contact you and you could receive updates about the process. From this year beyond, applicants also need to have a valid National Identification Number.
- Create your JAMB profile. If you want to register for JAMB exams or perform any other JAMB-related actions, you will need a valid account on the JAMB website. Click here to proceed with the registration. At this stage, you will need your email and your password.
- Purchase an e-PIN. A JAMB e-PIN is used to validate your registration and to make sure you are really the person behind the account. You can buy an e-PIN by visiting an approved bank or financial institution, do it online, or even send a message from your phone to purchase an e-PIN.
- Visit your JAMB center. You will need to finish your registration by visiting the nearby JAMB center. Make sure to have all the paperwork ready and check the working hours of your selected center to avoid having to make the same trip twice.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app