WAEC, or West African Examination Council, is the leading educational and testing body in Nigeria. WAEC operates in all of West Africa, and passing the WAEC exam means you have completed your secondary education. The 2020 WAEC results for students who sat for the exam in May or June of 2020 have just been released, and here is how to check them.
Become a top-rated professional with classes and courses on Jiji
1. How to check WAEC result online
The most popular and easy way to learn your WAEC results is to use the official WAEC website that contains the results of all students who have taken the exam in recent years. To access your exam results online, you will need to buy your personal scratch e-PIN card containing a unique PIN number. You can buy the card from the nearest WAEC office or from one of the authorized resellers. The e-PIN card costs around ₦700 and you can use a single card to check your results up to 5 times. After you run out of those 5 attempts, you will need to purchase a new scratch card. Here is how to check your WAEC result online:
- Visit the official WAEC results website at WAECDirect and fill in the required fields in the following way.
- Enter your Examination Number you obtained while sitting for the WAEC exam. It should consist of 10 digits in total: 7 digits of your centre number and 3 digits of your candidate number.
- From the drop-down list, choose your examination number, e.g. 2020.
- From the next drop-down list, choose the necessary examination type: Private or School Candidate Results.
- In the next field, enter the PIN number you got in your scratch card.
- In the final field, enter the serial number of your e-PIN card that is printed on its other side.
- Submit the information into the system and receive the results promptly.
With the help of this method, you can check the results not only from this year’s exams, but also the results of any examination of the past four decades. The procedure for getting the results is identical for all WAEC exam takers regardless of the year. It is highly recommended that you print out the results of your exam as soon as you obtain them from the site, so that you don’t need to buy another e-PIN card in case you spend all of your 5 attempts to check.
2. How to check WAEC result via SMS
If you don’t have an access to the desktop website or don’t want to check your WAEC result online for any other reason, you can do it with your phone through text messages. This service is available to MTN, Glo, and Airtel subcribers. The SMS itself costs ₦30, and on top of that, you will need the same scratch e-PIN card to learn your results.
Read more: How To Check BVN On Your Phone
To get your WAEC result via SMS, send a message to 32327 containing the following text:
WAEC*ExamNumber*PIN*ExamYear. Note that there should not be any spaces in your text – only letters, numbers, and the * symbol. You should receive your exam results shortly. The only downside is that you won’t be able to print out an SMS, so every time you want to check the results, you will need to pay ₦30 for each text plus ₦700 for each 5 attempts.
Buy and sell with confidence from your phone using the Jiji app