Breakfast is probably the main meal of the day. And it is of a special importance for the growing organisms like our children. But not all of the products have a good influence on our little human beings’ health. Find 7 recipes of kid-friendly breakfasts for each day of the week.
JiJi.ng – your best friend for each day of the week
Monday – Yogurt and Granola Parfait
To fuel your children with enough quantity of calcium and a big energy boost at the beginning of the week you can prepare yogurt and granola parfait. Besides, your child will think they are eating sweets and not a healthy breakfast.
- 1/4cup granola
- 1/2cup plain yogurt
- 1tablespoon maple syrup
Place the granola in the bottom of a parfait glass or dish. Spoon the yogurt on top. Drizzle with syrup.
Find out what to prepare for Tuesday on the following page
Tuesday – Prosciutto and Egg Panini
- 8 large eggs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 soft rolls, halved lengthwise
- 8ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1) In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
2) Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
3) Divide the eggs among the bottom halves of the rolls. Top with the prosciutto and cheese and sandwich with the tops of the rolls.
4) Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place two sandwiches in the pan.
5) Cook, pressing often with a spatula or placing a pan on top to weigh down the sandwiches, until cheese has melted and bread is golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
6) Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
Read about: how to make toast bread
Wednesday – Bagel and Cream Cheese With Tomato and Cucumber
It’s a veggie time! Give your little ones some fiber to improve blood sugar control and gut management. Use your creativity and prepare a kind of funny breakfast to cheat your kids and make them eat their healthy breakfast.
- 2 bagels, split in half
- 1/2cup cream cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 small Kirby cucumber
- 1/2 plum tomato, cut into wedges
1) Toast the bagel halves and spread each with the cream cheese.
2) Cut the Kirby into 8 rounds and several thin slices that can be used to form eyeglasses. Cut the tomato into 4 wedges and use one on each bagel half to form a smile.
Find a perfect idea for Thursday breakfast on the next page
Thursday – Farina With Apricots and Almonds
As an alternate to the ordinary bowl of oatmeal farina is another source of fiber and protein and doesn’t supply your kids’ body with too high quantity of calories that might impede metabolism and cause obesity.
- 2cups low-fat milk
- kosher salt
- 1/3cup farina (such as Cream of Wheat; not instant)
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2tablespoons roasted almonds, chopped
1) Bring the milk and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Whisk in the farina. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2) Spoon into bowls and top with the sugar, apricots, and almonds.
Wanna be surprised with the Friday breakfast? – move to the next page!
Friday – Egg in a Hole with Berries and Yogurt
At the end of the week is good to feed your kids with a well-balanced meal. The best choice is eggs, toast, yogurt, and some berries or fruits. Berries are rich on vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. Along with it, children like berries so you are killing two birds with one stone preparing a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- 2slices whole-wheat bread
- 2tablespoons butter, softened
- 2large eggs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1cup berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1) Spread the top of each slice of bread with ¼ tablespoon each of the butter. Using a round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut a 2½- to 3-inch hole in the center of each slice of bread, reserving the cutout pieces.
2) Heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place the bread and the cutouts, buttered-side up, in the skillet. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until the underside of the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook the egg to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for a runny yolk.
3) Divide the berries and yogurt between two bowls and sprinkle with the almonds (if using). Serve with the eggs.
Get your kids happy with the Saturday breakfast recipe which can be found on the following page
Saturday – Easy Chocolate Croissants
For weekends you could treat your children with some really sweet breakfast adding some chocolate to it. They will be pleasantly surprised and grateful. Besides, chocolate has its advantages as well as it strengthens the cardiovascular system, improves immunity and brings “cells of happiness” into your blood. So your children will feel more cheered throughout their weekday ready for any family activities.
- 8-count tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
1) Heat oven to 375° F.
2) Unroll the dough and separate it into 8 triangles. Place about 10 chocolate chips on the bottom third of each triangle and roll the dough up around the chocolate.
3) Transfer the croissants to a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if desired, for easier cleanup). Bake until golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Finish your week of breakfasts with the Sunday’s one on the last page
Sunday – English-Muffin Egg Pizzas
Once you try these little easy-to-prepare pizzas, they are going to become your family’s favorite breakfast. Besides, it is quite a substantial meal that will keep you and your kids satiated throughout the day.
- 4 English muffins
- olive oil
- tomato slices
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- grated mozzarella
- kosher salt
1) Make Hard-Cooked Eggs.
2) Toast 8 English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet.
3) Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-cooked egg slices (1/2 an egg each), and a little grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
4) Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Don’t hesitate to visit JiJi.ng for anything you might need when cooking your super-delicious breakfasts!