The herbs and their uses have been a matter of interest among doctors and beauty experts for thousands of years, long before such professions officially appeared. Very often, herbs can deal with health issues more effectively then medicines you find in a drugstore. Here’s a list of spices and their uses that may surprise you.
Order your favorite herbs on Jiji with just a few clicks
Health benefits of turmeric
Read more: Top 10 Superfoods And Their Health Benefits
- Turmeric normalizes the metabolic processes and is very helpful for curing skin diseases, including eczema and furunculosis.
- It deals with inflammatory processes in the digestive tract more effective than any antibiotics thanks to the detoxification effect.
- It is used for Alzheimer dementia prevention – the effectiveness has been supported by numerous scientific investigations.
- Disinfecting properties make turmeric powder a good option for curing wounds, while compresses help to relieve pain caused by ricks and arthritis.
- It helps to deal with meteorism and diarrhea.
- You can use turmeric for curing gems inflammations and keeping teeth healthy.
- Turmeric helps to deal with headaches and migraines during exhaustion that comes after long-term illnesses.
- It is recommended to use in case of obesity and diabetes.
- It contains numerous anticarcinogen elements that prevent the growth of blastemas and side effects of cancer treatment.
- It protects the liver and the urinary bladder from harmful effects and diseases.
- It is a natural antidepressant.
Health benefits of cloves
- Cloves is an analgesic endpoint, especially effective in case of toothache.
- It has outstanding antiseptic and antibacterial properties and is capable to deal with numerous infections.
- It helps to get rid of meteorism and diarrhea, boosts metabolism, and has an overall positive effect on the digestive system.
- It removes the excess liquid from the organism very fast thanks to diuretic and sudorific effects.
- It helps to deal with spasms and convulsions, and with hiccups as well.
- It prevents asthmatic attacks.
- Cloves also stimulate the regeneration of cartilaginous tissue in case of joints injuries.
- It normalizes the menstrual cycle and improves uterine tone.
Health benefits of cinnamon
- Cinnamon possesses antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, effectively destroying microbes.
- It stimulates the protective functions of the human organism, boosting immunity.
- It is a natural antioxidant, capable of lowering the level of sugar in the blood.
- It has a positive effect on metabolic processes, preventing the accumulation of fat and transforming glucose into energy.
- Cinnamon dilates blood vessels, making your brain work more actively.
- It also regulates the level of sugar in the blood and improves the reaction to insulin, which is very helpful during curing diabetes.
- It relieves different kinds of pain – muscle, toothache, headache, menstrual pain, etc.
- Cinnamon is used for curing coughing, both in a case when you catch a cold and deal with the chronic coughing.
- It is used for preventing cardiac diseases: this spice reduces the cholesterol level and prevents thrombus formation, strengthens your heart and normalizes blood pressure.
- It deals with the infections of the bladder, as well as different parasites and fungal infections.
- Cinnamon helpful for dealing with some nervous issues, like insomnia and depression.
Read more: 12 Best And 5 Worst Oils For Your Health
Health benefits of thyme
- Thyme is very effective for dealing with coughing, curing pneumonia and chronic bronchitis. It is a component of many cough syrups.
- It is used for disinfection and pain relief, especially when we have to deal with a toothache and dental surgery.
- The infusion is used as an anointment in case of chronic arthritis, lower back pain, and neuritis.
- It regulates PH level and helps in food digestion, boosts metabolism and helps to get rid of spasms and meteorism.
- Thyme has relaxing effects, which make it useful for people suffering rheumatism and radiculitis, eczema and dermatitis.
- A high amount of vitamins B and C provides disinfecting and antibacterial properties.
- It is a powerful sudorific, which is frequently for acute respiratory disease treatment, flue, and running nose. It helps to deal with migraines and feel better.
- Thyme is recommended for people suffering from insomnia – it regulates the nervous system and normalizes the nervous condition.
Coriander health benefits
- Coriander is rich in iron and is capable to improve blood condition, particularly, by increasing the hemoglobin level.
- It helps to prevent anemia and can be used for treatment in the early stages.
- This spice regulates the cholesterol level, cleans the organism from toxins and heavy metals.
- It is useful for joints: the linoleic acid it contains helps to treat arthritis and rheumatism.
- The oils activate the stomach acid release and ferments, boosting metabolism and improving digestion. The greens neutralize abdominal distension.
- Antibacterial properties of this spice are best known in relation to disease prevention, in particular, salmonellosis.
- Coriander normalizes the menstrual cycle and relieves the pain during this time of the month. It also improves general condition during the climax.
- It is a natural aphrodisiac, which is often used in fragrances to increase osphresiolagnia and awake sexual interest.
- It prevents cavities and is used during treating stomatitis, improving the health mouth cavity.
- Vitamins A and E prevent various eye diseases and slow down the aging of eyes.
- It is effective for dealing with acne, eczema, and dermatophytosis. Coriander can cure them on early stages.
Rosemary health benefits
- Rosemary is useful in case of fatigue, stresses, and nervous breakdowns.
- It stimulates stomach acid release and improves the digestive processes.
- Rosemary aroma oil has an outstanding antiseptic effect and used for treating wounds.
- This spice also possesses restorative and anti-inflammatory effects, which means it will take good care of your skin.
- It improves blood circulation, and this benefits brain functioning, memory, sight, and heart performance.
- Rosemary is recommended for people with high cholesterol level, suffering from neurosis, and for those who are on after-stroke treatment.
- It relieves and even prevents asthmatic attacks, is very helpful in upper respiratory airway treatment.
- Rosemary is also used as a sedative and depressant during emotional disorders.
- It is perfect for oily skin, making it less greasy, and hair, making it stronger, healthier, and less prone to damage.
Read more: The Most Popular Healthy Eating Myths
This list of herbs can actually get much longer. There are so many useful properties you can discover when using spices correctly. Now you are aware of the healing properties of your favourite herbs, time to look up for some recipes and take care of your health.
Time to get healthier with Jiji app