Every year, millions of tech fans are glued to the screens in anticipation of new Apple releases. This year’s new phone, the iPhone 11, has only been on sale for a couple of months, but there are already plenty of rumours about the upcoming iPhone 12 release. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Shop iPhones for every taste and budget on Jiji
1. iPhone 12 design and specs
Right now, there are no confirmed facts about the next iPhone models we may see, so all that we have now is some rumours and speculations. Here are the most popular assumptions about the design and specs of the iPhone 12:
- One of the most important anticipated upgrades in the iPhone 12 is the introduction of 5G. iPhone is the only leading smartphone brand who has not added 5G to its models yet, so the next iPhone generation seems like the right time to do it.
- On the design front, Apple is rumoured to get rid of the notch on top of the display. However, it is not yet clear whether the new iPhone will have a hole-punch camera, like popular Chinese Android smartphones, or a pop-up camera construction in the front.
- The Touch ID feature has not been included in the latest iPhone models, but there are rumours that the manufacturer will return to the Touch ID in the iPhone 12. However, this time, the sensor will be built directly into the lower part of the display.
- The iPhone SE was the latest iPhone model to feature a relatively small display, but there are many Apple fans who would rather go for small displays rather than huge phablets. For this reason, the iPhone 12 is rumoured to come in three display sizes: 6.7, 6.1, and 5.4 inches.
- Another possible link to the older iPhone models comes from the anticipated design changes. Instead of the curved frame like in the latest models, the iPhone 12 will possibly have a solid metal frame with straight edges like you saw on the iPhone 4.
- Sony recently unveiled its groundbreaking 64MP IMX686 image sensor, and it could very well be included in the iPhone 12, given that Apple and Sony have enjoyed a fruitful partnership for a long time.
2. iPhone 12 release date
While there is no confirmed release date for the iPhone 12, we can rightfully expect it to be unveiled in September 2020, as most new iPhones are released around that time. However, it is possible that Apple will decide to move the release a few months earlier to successfully compete with other smartphone brands and the iPhone 12 will actually come out sometime in spring 2020.
Read more: WWDC 2019: Everything Apple Announced
3. iPhone 12 price
Apple’s iPhones are some of the pricier smartphone models on the market and a few recent iPhones have already crossed the $1,000 mark. However, with the more affordable options like the iPhone 11 available in the brand’s lineup, we can expect the price for the base version of the iPhone 12 to start at ₦350,000, while the iPhone 12 Pro, or similarly named model with more advanced characteristics, can cost around ₦420,000.
Enjoy the lowest prices on your favourite gadgets with the Jiji app