Zobo is one of the favorite drinks of Nigerians. It suits for everyday occasions and holidays. Zobo ingredients may differ considerably depending on your tastes. Almost every family has an original zobo drink recipe. And still, if you know how to make zobo drink for sale, you can start business.
When you pour a glass of chilled zobo drink, life instantly becomes a little bit better. Besides, its benefits for health are numerous. When you use natural components, you make more useful product. However, you it becomes more difficult to preserve. Here are some tips on zobo drink production and preservation.
The key component of zobo recipe is hibiscus leaves. The other must-have component is pineapple. You can use pieces, juice, or flavor – it all depends on your preferences. Most also add sugar and ginger. Some add artificial ingredients to diversify coloring.
Find ingredients for zobo drink on Jiji
Zobo recipes might differ, but not considerably. The majority of ingredients will be the same, just the amount differs. If you plan to prepare 4-5 liters of zobo, you can use the following recipe. It takes around 30 minutes to prepare and will be enough for 8-12 people.
- Zobo leaves, dried – 5 to 6 cups;
- Ginger – 2 to 3 fingers;
- Pineapple – 1 fruit or 2 sachets of flavour;
- Water – 4 to 5 liters.
- Look through dried leaves. Get rid of all little pieces of litter.
- Carefully wash the leaves. Don’t soak leaves in water to avoid damaging or washing off nutrients.
- Pour leaves with water (approximately three liters) and put on the stove to boil for 15 minutes.
- Wash, peel, and grind ginger in a blender. Pour in the remeining water. Boil for another 15 minutes.
- Wash and peel the pineapple. Cut it into slices. Make sure the leaves are sunken at the bottom. Then add pineapple pieces.
- Pineapple is added for flavour, so it is enough to leave the drink boiling for 5 more minutes.
- Check if the substance is colored deep red. Turn the stove off and turn the stove off.
- Filter the drink by using a sieve or chiffon cloth to remove leaves and cool down the drink faster.
- You can add some sugar if you like sweet zobo.
- You can experiment with flavours by adding slices of apple, banana, cinamon, banana or alligator pepper to boiling drink 5 min before it is ready.
- Cool the drink before serving.
Now you know how to make zobo drink in an easy way. If you consider zobo drink production for commercial purposes, you will need just more kitchenware and more ingredients. The last thing to do for zobo drink production in Nigeria is to register on Jiji for immediate successful sales.
Sell tasty and chilling zobo drink on Jiji
If you seriously decide to start a zobo drink production business, you will need to find a way to store it for longer time. The best natural preservative for zobo drink is ginger. Increasing the amount if ginger reduces microbial activity and slower fermentation processes.
Store zobo drink in refrigerator. In case you have unstable electricity supply, make sure to get a generator. Any disruptions may cost you much efforts and money. If you want to store drink even for longer time, consider synthetic food additives, but this is not highly recommended.