Halloween is the holiday of evil spirits, but your thoughts can be quite pure – for instance, how to organize a crazy party and entertain your friends!
In this post you will find lots of unique ideas about how to arrange a fabulous Halloween party and make all the neighbors remember you!
Advertise your party. Make it thematic. The more unusual your invitations are -the better!
House & rooms decoration
The symbols of the holiday are crosses, spiders, black cats, bats, skulls, skeletons, witches on a broomstick, ghosts, crows, demons, etc. All these images can be easily made from different materials you always have at hand.
The curtains can be made of dark thick fabric (evil spirits hate light!). You can decorate your curtains with sewed-on pieces in the shape of bats, pumpkins, witches, etc. Another great idea would be making your curtains from white sheets, spattered with blood!
An interesting solution would be imitating a picnic under the night starry sky. To do this you will have to fix fluorescent stars and the moon to the curtains and draperies near the ceiling. Or you could attach a woven web made of ropes with big hairy spider to your curtains!
It would look quite impressive if you place sloppy- looking composition of candles of different colors, lengths and diameters in empty glass bottles, clay pots and dishes and put them in completely unexpected places of your home.
Use pumpkins as vases for flowers. Place painted black and red roses into these pumpkin vases.
You could create a really spooky atmosphere by decorating your ceiling with black umbrellas and witches’ striped stockings.
Another amazing idea would be placing eerie prop decorations around the house: canned “eyes”, “insect”, “limbs”, etc.
Making pictures in costumes on Halloween night will be another bright holiday moment! Here are a few characters to choose from: Vampires and Dracula, Edward Scissorhands, Devil, Zombie, Joker, Freddy Krueger and Jason.
If you want your guests to prepare seriously – set a dress-code and check your guests’ outfits at the entrance!
Appearance and tableware
The more “scary” details you have on the table – the more interesting you dinner will be. Crows and skeletons, pumpkins and ghosts are absolutely fascinating!
Another outstanding decoration would be the presence of a “dead guest ‘at the table!
Consider themed names for the dishes as hardly anyone dares to taste the “Cemetery” salad, “Phantom” pizza or “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” canapés.
Your guests will be intrigued by bell peppers stuffed with authentic Italian pasta (it looks like brains), tartlets with salad, where you use tangerine peels (resembling a pumpkin!) instead usual baskets, “Big-eyed” appetizers made of eggs and tomatoes, and unique “mummy” sandwiches!
You can make “witch fingers” by using cookies and slices of almonds. A brain is made from cheese, eyeballs – from mozzarella, and eyes from olives.
Cover the edges of glasses with red-tinted sugar syrup. Tilt it a little bit and let the red liquid ooze beautifully on the glass side.
Another great idea – shaped ice in drinks.
The best music for your Halloween party:
- The Misfits – Monster Mash;
- AC/DC – Highway to hell;
- Cher – Dark Lady;
- Michael Jackson Thriller;
- MARILYN MANSON :: This Is Halloween;
- Ray Parker Jr – Ghostbusters;
- Rob Zombie – Dragula;
- Screamin Jay Hawkins – I put a spell on you;
- Lady GAGA – Born this way;
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince – Nightmare On My Street (D-JOG);
- Gorillaz – Dracula;
- Midnight Syndicate – any track of your choice, you will not regret it (this is an American musical band that has been working mainly in the genre of gothic music since 1997).
Contests and games
- Catching apples. Take the container full of water and put the apples into it. Your guests should catch an apple with just their mouth without using their hands. Who will make it the fastest of all is the winner.
- Charades. Add some festive atmosphere to the all-time favorite game of young people! You can show only terrible characters like notorious murderers, madmen from Arkham Asylum, etc.!
- Bloody Mary. Make the competition for high-speed drinking of “Bloody Mary” cocktail – this is Halloween-themed and just fun!
- Lottery from hell. The guest is blindfolded and told that the bowl contains, for example, vampire eyes. Then this guest is asked to check it. He puts his hand into the bowl with grapes with the idea that these are eyeballs. Pasta thus can be turned into worms! Trust me, – putting your hand into the bowl with such suspicious content without looking is quite scary!